Saturday, January 12, 2013

one week down.

so I live in rexburg. this is my life:  
I wear sunglasses when it's 15 degrees outside. fyi, the snow is ridiculously bright. 

My first week of classes went really well. I thoroughly enjoy all my professors. no duds in that bunch. they are all really engaging and teach their subjects really well. 

Here's my room
I love my ikea pillows. thanks aunt megan for the hand-me-down-comforter
  
      
  Emily is on the left. Kylie is on the right. Not pictured would be Brittany
Some highlights of the week include:
  • Staying up way too late every night chatting with the roommates.   
  • Going to dinner with Emily's family Sunday night. 
  • Spending hours in the quiet floor of the library. Oh man. I love that place. It was productivity central.
  • Making stir fry, yummy salads, orange chicken, roasted potatoes, and eating peanut butter and bananas while watching psych on my laptop.
  • Going swing dancing with Kayla for her birthday.
  • This trail mix.
One time I put it in my salad , forgetting there were chocolate chips.
I ate salad with chocolate this week, be jealous.
  • Grandma jan caramel popcorn.
  • Stupid movie friday with the roomates.
  • Snow cones.
  •  Elk stew/cupcake/birthday party for Emily  We had a few friends come over and laughed so hard. Between Rachel's crazy stalker stories, crazy cat lady conversations (including watching the I Really Love Cats video on youtube) and talking about all of our future husbands, we had a blast. 
I think I can deem my first week at BYUI as a success. Let me leave you with the funniest picture I've seen in a long time.

Drop whatever you're doing, guys. This is a baby kangaroo in pajamas.



No comments:

Post a Comment